[FSJ-Info] Futsal 2010 is coming!

Bruce Yost bruce_yost at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 22:31:20 PDT 2010

Coaches,

Futsal San Jose (FSJ) is about to enter its fourth year.  We have seen the league more than double in size since our first games in 2007, and there is more and more interest in playing this small-sided, fast-paced version of soccer.  More and more coaches are finding futsal to be a great conditioning and skills development game, and of course, the kids love the non-stop action.  Many of the world's best soccer players - men and women - grew up playing futsal, and we are excited to be part of a growing national trend here in our own Bay Area.

FSJ is a non-profit organization operated for the benefit of our soccer community and our children.  The FSJ Board is made up of volunteers that work together for a short time of the year to lease facilities, register players, schedule and ref the games, and generally operate the league.

We would like to be able to continue to grow and offer more games to more teams on more surfaces.  However, due to our growth and the popularity of the game, we need your help.  There are presently only 7 board members and there were almost 800 children playing in the league last session.  Therefore, I would like to ask you or someone you know or who is affiliated with your team or club to seriously consider helping the league as a board member or facility coordinator or other volunteer this coming session.  We have a number of vacant board positions presently, and every year we elect board members for the coming year.  The most pressing need we currently have is for facility coordinators.  The number of surfaces available to us limits the number of teams we can accommodate any one session, and we prefer not to have to turn any team away.  Our playing session this winter runs from December 5 to February 27, excluding holidays.

If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering this coming session to help us to make our players' futsal experience better, please contact me, or any of the board members that you can find on the FSJ web page at <http://futsalsj.org/board.shtml>.  You can always contact us if you have any questions and you can also find more info about FSJ at <http://futsalsj.org>.  Also watch the website for upcoming registration information.

I hope to hear from many of you as we continue to offer this unique opportunity and experience to our local soccer youth community.

Yours in futsal,

Bruce Yost
President, FSJ