[FSJ-Info] Futsal San Jose Registration for Winter 2007/2008 is open!

Claudio Fleiner info at futsalsj.org
Sun Sep 30 23:34:05 PDT 2007

Hi!

Brush up your soccer skills during winter break in a fun environment at
Gunderson High School! Futsal San José is a competitive indoor soccer
league, which is affiliated with the California Futsal Association North
and the United States Futsal Federation.

We are now accepting team registrations for our Winter 2007/2008 season. It
will start in December and run for about 10 weekends (excluding holiday
weekends).

Our games are played at Gunderson High school in South San Jose on weekends
(some on Saturday, mostly on Sundays).

Team roster size is ideally between 6 and 9 players, maximum is 12 players.
We are looking for teams in the U10, U12, U14 and U16 age bracket, boys and
girls.

Download our registration form here:
        http://www.futsalsj.org/docs/teamreg.pdf

Some information regarding Futsal:

        Futsal is a small-sided soccer game (5v5 including the goalkeepers)
        played on a small field roughly the size of a basketball court. The
        game does not require the use of dasher boards. It is played with
        the touchline boundaries with no walls to bang the ball against.
        The official ball is a special low bounce ball that is heavier and
        smaller than an official size 5 soccer ball. The ball forces a
        player to use their skill rather than the ball's bounce to propel
        it.

        It is a complete skill game. Futsal develops the overall
        fundamentals of soccer more effectively. It has been proven that
        youth players develop quicker reflexes, faster thinking and
        pinpoint passing. It is a superior game in terms of establishing
        players' touch and technique.

For more info please check our website http://www.futsalsj.org or send me an
email at info at futsalsj.org.

Greetings, Claudio Fleiner