[FSJ-Info] Futsal Registration for Winter 2008/2009 is open!

Claudio Fleiner (Futsal San Jose) info at futsalsj.org
Wed Sep 17 22:23:46 PDT 2008

Hi everyone!

Summer is over, Fall has started and Winter is just around the corner.
Its time to plan what your soccer teams are going to do this Winter!

If you don't know or remember what Futsal is please read below.

The registration information for the next season is now on our webpage:
        http://www.futsalsj.org/registration_form.shtml

For those of you that have played in our league last year please note a
few important differences:

* due to popular demand U8 will play on a large field with goals and
  goalkeepers, and referees

* U10 and U9 will play on a full sized field and not on the half courts
  at JCC

* Home teams will have to provide game balls, and a time and score
  keeper for games

* Teams will have to record scores on our webpage

We still charge the same amount per team though, except for U8, which
will have to pay $425 to cover the cost of the fields and referees.

This year for the first time we also offer a U6 coed league, playing on
a small field, without keepers, as a trial!

Our registration form is available here:
        http://www.futsalsj.org/registration_form.shtml

If you have any questions please let me know!

Greetings, and see you soon on the court!

Claudio Fleiner
Secretary Futsal San Jose

Looking for some fun for your team during the winter season? Then you
found the right place! We are starting our third winter season in
December.

Try the game that Pele and Ronaldo played: Futsal/Five-a-Side. It's the
world's official indoor soccer game, played within the existing side and
end lines of a basketball court without the need for sidewalls or
artificial turf. The term, "Futsal," is derived from the Spanish,
"futbol sala," meaning indoor soccer. It also is referred to as indoor
five-a-side. In the United States, it originally was referred to as
"minisoccer."

Futsal is gaining rapid popularity in the U.S. because it adapts so well
to existing facilities. For instance, it is now being played in
gymnasiums throughout the country by the Boys and Girls Clubs of
America. Anywhere you have a basketball gym, from Key West, Fla., to
Ketchikan, Alaska, you can play Futsal, and you can play it on outdoor
courts, as well.

Futsal is one of the world's great skill-developers for youth players.
Pele, Zico and Socrates of Brazilian World Cup fame grew up playing the
game, and Brazil's recent World Cup stars, Romario and Bebeto, have
played it extensively. Ronaldo played it until he was 16. Futsal is an
ingeniously condensed version of the outdoor game that preserves the
outdoor game's true time and space relationships. The ball-handling
speed and skill and quick thinking of Futsal translate directly to the
outdoor game - around both goals and in the thick of midfield battle.d

Claudio Fleiner, Secretary, Futsal San Jose, info at futsalsj.org