[FSJ-Info] Futsal Registration for 2009/2010 is open!

Claudio Fleiner (Futsal San Jose) info at futsalsj.org
Tue Sep 22 23:39:27 PDT 2009

Hello!

we just opened the registration for our 2009/2010 season!

*Try the game* that Pele and Ronaldo played: Futsal/Five-a-Side. It's
the world's official indoor soccer game, played within the existing side
and end lines of a basketball court without the need for sidewalls or
artificial turf. The term, "Futsal," is derived from the Spanish,
"futbol sala," meaning indoor soccer. It also is referred to as indoor
five-a-side. In the United States, it originally was referred to as
"minisoccer."

Futsal is gaining rapid popularity in the U.S. because it adapts so well
to existing facilities. For instance, it is now being played in
gymnasiums throughout the country by the Boys and Girls Clubs of
America. Anywhere you have a basketball gym, from Key West, Fla., to
Ketchikan, Alaska, you can play Futsal, and you can play it on outdoor
courts, as well.

Futsal is one of the world's great skill-developers for youth players.
Pele, Zico and Socrates of Brazilian World Cup fame grew up playing the
game, and Brazil's recent World Cup stars, Romario and Bebeto, have
played it extensively. Ronaldo played it until he was 16. Futsal is an
ingeniously condensed version of the outdoor game that preserves the
outdoor game's true time and space relationships. The ball-handling
speed and skill and quick thinking of Futsal translate directly to the
outdoor game - around both goals and in the thick of midfield battle.

Convinced? Register Today!

A few important changes you should be aware off:

- we increased the price by $25 to $475 if you register before Oct 31,
late registrations will cost $525, so register early!
- you can order T-Shirts at a discount if you order them with your
registration (plus a free shirt for coaches if their team orders at
least 7 shirts)

For more information please check out our webpage:
http://www.futsalsj.org/registration.shtml

Any questions? Please contact our registrar Raj at registrar at futsalsj.org !

Greetings, Claudio Fleiner

Claudio Fleiner, Secretary, Futsal San Jose, info at futsalsj.org