Registration for the competitive winter season 2018-2019 is OPEN!
Mandatory Coaches meeting this Thursday 11/15 at 7:00 pm at the
Los Paseos club house
7047 Via Ramada
San Jose CA 95139
There must be at least one represenative from your team present at the meeting. It can be a coach, assistant coach, manager, or parent. You must have one team representative present at the meeting or you will not get games scheduled.
Important REGISTRATION INFORMATION
· Cost per team for up to 12 players: $735 before Oct 24th, $850 starting Oct 25th.
· LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14th.
- Please complete the registration information on our website using this link, http://www.futsalsj.org/registration_form.shtml or by clicking the competetive team registration tab on the top of the page.
- Mail you’re your check to: Futsal San Jose, c/o Rosemary Alvarez, 7234 Via Bella, San Jose, CA 95139.
· Checks must be postmarked by Nov 24th to take advantage of the early bird pricing. Cancellation fee before November 14th is $50, no refund if you cancel after November 14th.
· We will make every attempt to match teams according to their capabilities, by taking into account their coaches opinion, outdoor experience, futsal experience and level of play (e.g. Bronze, Silver, etc) as entered by the Coach.
· We strongly recommend team sizes of 10 players or less. You must have at least 6 players to register the team. Players can be added up to 2 weeks into the season ($20 fee if you add them later). No more than 12 players per team.
· Only when we receive your check and printed and signed form have you registered correctly.
· Space is limited, if too many teams register we will take the day we received your team check, and the age group into account to decide which team can play
You should know that Pele and Ronaldo played: Futsal/Five-a-Side. It's the world's official indoor soccer game, played within the existing side and end lines of a basketball court without the need for sidewalls or artificial turf. The term, "Futsal," is derived from the Spanish, "futbol sala," meaning indoor soccer. It also is referred to as indoor five-a-side. In the United States, it originally was referred to as "minisoccer."
Futsal is gaining rapid popularity in the U.S. because it adapts so well to existing facilities. For instance, it is now being played in gymnasiums throughout the country by the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Anywhere you have a basketball gym, from Key West, Fla., to Ketchikan, Alaska, you can play Futsal, and you can play it on outdoor courts, as well.
Futsal is one of the world's great skill-developers for youth players. Pele, Zico and Socrates of Brazilian World Cup fame grew up playing the game, and Brazil's recent World Cup stars, Romario and Bebeto, have played it extensively. Ronaldo played it until he was 16. Futsal is an ingeniously condensed version of the outdoor game that preserves the outdoor game's true time and space relationships. The ball-handling speed and skill and quick thinking of Futsal translate directly to the outdoor game - around both goals and in the thick of midfield battle. To see some great video of futsal play, go on YouTube and search for "FUTSAL."
Competitive League: If you want to participate in our competitive Futsal program (December to March) follow the instructions above. (we do not accept individual player registration for the competitive league)