[FSJ-Info] 2017 - 2018 Futsal Season

Mark Stout markwstout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 15:14:24 PDT 2017

> All:

Much of this is a repeat of my prior email with a couple of updates.

> *A*.  *Website* - We have moved the website and all registration,
> scheduling, etc to GOTSOCCER.  The Futsal San Jose site is still public but
> please do not rely on it for any information.
>
> *B.*  *Registration*
>
>   1.  PLEASE* DO NO*T sign up on Futsal SJ Website
>
>   2.  Complete the information at the Registration tab from GotSoccer at:
> http://futsalsanjose.gotsport.com/clubsite/?p=18531
>      a.  Be sure to complete all fields
>      b.  Under "Level" input the level your team plays during outdoor,
> e.g. Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc
>      c.  Under "Comments" include any additional information that will
> help us properly rank your team, e.g. played futsal last season with a
> record of __ and usually played up one year.
>
> *NOTE:  As explained below, this year we will issue a 10 game schedule
> before the 1st game and will not re-rank teams throughout the season as
> previously done.  Therefore, it is extremely important to provide accurate
> information regarding your team(s)' level of play so they are rank
> appropriately.*
>
>   3.  Pay Registration Fee
>

>      a.  Early Bird Fee:  $600.00 - Must pay on or before November 10, 2017

     b.  Regular Fee   :  $650.00 - All payments made after November 10,
> 2017
>
>   4.  Mail check to:
>        Rosemary Alvarez
>        7234 Via Bella
>        San Jose, CA 95139
>
>   5.  Register your team, coach and players with USFF - The link to USFF
> site can be found at the GotSoccer site.

   * C. Bye Requests and Schedule Changes*

       a.  Bye Requests - Will only be available for teams that need to
block out weekends for State Cup games.  However, this must be done prior
to the release of the schedule, i.e. *BEFORE THANKSGIVING*

   b.  Schedule Changes - As mentioned in prior emails, unlike prior years,
> the 10 game schedule for each team will be released at one time prior to
> the first week of play.  Teams that need to reschedule will need to work
> with their opponents to either trade date and/or time with other teams
> willing to trade timeslots or to trade opponents with any teams in your
> division.
>
> *D. * *MANDATORY LEAGUE MEETING FOR ALL TEAMS - NOTE CHANGE OF DATE*
>
>    1.  Date/Time:  November 16th at 7:00 (*CHANGED FROM NOVEMBER 15th)*
>
>    2.  Location . :  Las Paseos ClubHouse
>                             7047 Via Ramada
>                             San Jose, CA 95139
>
>    3.  Google Map Link:  https://www.google.com/
> maps/dir/''/los+paseos+clubhouse/@37.2284686,-121.8417389,12
> z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x808e2fa6762f4963:0xe
> 6a6996dd808dabe!2m2!1d-121.7716989!2d37.2284892
>
>    4.  Mandatory - All teams must have a coach and/or team manager, or
> parent at the meeting in order to play this season.
>
>    5.  Agenda will include:
>       a.  Directions for using the new online system
>       b.  Questions re. league registration, USFF registration, bye
> requests, etc.
>       c.  Discuss team rankings and get team input to help us group teams
> appropriately.  We may break out into groups, e.g. based on age, for this
> portion of the meeting
>       d.  Discuss disciplinary policy, rules, and consequences for any
> violations
>
> NOTE:  Last season we had player fights, parents threatening referees,
> coaches encouraging their players (of all ages) to play outside the rules
> of the game and too many other incidents to list.
>
> More to come, but in the meantime, please register via the GotSoccer
> Link,  send in your payment, and plan on attending the Mandatory Team
> meeting on November 16th.
>
> Look forward to another season and seeing everyone soon.

   Thanks